PRE-REGISTRATION AT LEGENDS IN SPARKS
DEAD ZONE 4 RELEASED
Are you prepared to fight the zombies? The CDC will recommend you seek refuse at Virginia City's temporary military camp, but you will find it has been overrun by zombies. Most of the troops have retreated to the hills. The ones that didn't get away… They'll get to you next.
SECOND DEAD ZONE & EPISODE 3 RELEASED
Only one month to prepare for the zombie apocalypse. To help you with your training, we are announcing our third dead zone.Virginia & Truckee Railroad: Nevada's most famous short line is the Virginia & Truckee Railroad connecting Reno with Carson City, Virginia City and Minden. Operating for 80 years, the V&T was Nevada's Bonanza Railroad as it hauled valuable Comstock ore to quartz reduction mills located at Silver City and along the Carson River.
If you can keep your head on a swivel, try to catch a glimpse of the handful of remaining cars that were built in the late 1800's. They still sit in Virginia City's original V&T station, which once gave travel to some of the most well-known figures in American History. The V&T station has been featured in several movies, including Johnny Depp's Dead Man. If you really pay attention, you'll see an authentic gallows that was used for public hangings in the late 1800's.
Will Fielding Survive? This 5 part video series will lead up to the most unique opening to any run on the planet!
8/21/14EPISODE 1 - TEASER
SECOND DEAD ZONE ANNOUNCED!
We know you have been eagerly waiting to hear more details about the race course. Wait no longer! Announcing Dead Zone 2 - You will run through the only operating gold mill in the world, better watch yourself.
The Comstock Gold Mill, the operating 1860s Joshua Hendy two stamp machine that processed much of the ore from the Comstock Lode, is the second dead zone on the Redrun course. This was a dangerous place to work, just like most of the mines and other industries of the time. The stamps alone weigh 1000 lbs. each which would crush and pulverize the ore into a powder. It is thought that the men who were unlucky enough to get caught in the machinery still venture to the mill and clock in for their shift. The dead of the Gold Mill have plenty of places to hide as they wait for you to take the wrong step or pause for just a second too long.
IT'S HERE! Episode 2 is ready for you but are you ready for it? Pay close attention to the building Fielding tries to hide in, it's the Yellow Jacket Mine the location of the largest industrial accident in Nevada. The Redrun II course leads you through the same location on October 11, try not to get cornered.
Fielding - our cynical ghost hunter - is running for his life from the dead of Virginia City. Trying to escape to a safe location he enters the Yellow Jacket Mine, the site of Nevada's worst industrial disaster and it is soon to become part of Nevada's zombie apocalypse. The dead of Virginia City won't be dead for long. Will Fielding survive to the end? Follow the episodes to find out how these videos will lead into the most unique start to any run.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND OUR 5 EPISODE SERIES
EPSISODE 1 TEASER LAUNCHED -We are hungry for Redrun! So much so we are starting early. Meet Fielding. You will get know this cat as he stars in a 5 part video installment . We will release five episodes leading up to Redrun 2. Fielding will live and breath the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse in Virginia City. The 5th and final episode will be launched at Redrun with the conclusion filmed live starring you. Everything regarding this is being kept secret and will play right into the how the hordes are launched into Zombiegeddon. If you thought the launch last year was unique... you're in for something truly special. Last year was just the beginning.
Fielding - a skeptical ghost hunter visiting Virginia City, Nevada, reportedly one of the most haunted towns in the U.S. He's here to find out if the ghost stories are true. But he'll soon find much more than he bargained for. Will he survive? Find out in the episodes to come that lead up to the most unique opening to any run.
EPISODE 1 - TEASER
REDRUN 2 IS BUILDING TOWARD
THE MOST UNIQUE OPENING TO A RUN ON THE PLANET
It's time to start releasing our dead zones and obstacles! Redrun 2 will feature a revised 6 mile course with a series of 6 hair-raising dead zones featuring some of the most famously haunted locations ever documented.
So what's the first dead zone announcement? Ok, we are cheating on this one... C Street / downtown Virginia City will return! Here is the kicker.... Downtown Virginia City will be home to the most unique opening to any run on the planet.
Redrun is currently producing a five episode video series that will keep you guessing right up to your run time. The first Episode will debut 7.14.14. The 5th and final episode will air 10.11.14 at Redrun 2.
We can't tell you any more than that or we will spoil the surprise. The launch from downtown Virginia City into Zombiegeddon will be unlike anything you've seen before. Whatever you do, don't miss out. Get yourself registered before it's too late. Get in before the next price increase (August 1st)
1/31/14 6:66 am
WELCOME TO REDRUN2 - THIS SEQUEL WILL DELIVER
Great sequels embrace the foundation of the original, and from there . . . everything gets bigger, better and in this case, a lot bloodier! Based in one of the most haunted and storied “living” ghost towns in the country, you will come across some of the most famously chilling landmarks ever documented. If you think you’d seen it all in the original, think again.
NEW AT REDRUN 2:
1. A revised 6 mile course with a variety of new hair-raising dead zones. The dead zones will be released periodically leading up to Redrun 2.
2. Six dramatically enhanced obstacles. Stay hidden - Stay Alive. You will be tested. These obstacles will be released periodically leading up to Redrun 2. We could not be more excited!
3. A hell of a lot more blood. The living insane will find a wide range of ways to cover your living corpse in deep dark red blood. Will it be real? You'll never know for sure, nor will you have any idea whose it might be. Hell, it might be yours. Either way, just know Redrun’s signature gooey, dark red liquid has been perfected.
4. More revive flags. A lot more!
5. Everyone who finishes will receive a uniquely designed Redrun medal as you cross the finish line. Those who survive will be forever immortalized into the “Redrun Sanctuary”. The Sanctuary will be posted on Redrun.com after the event, and engraved on a Redrun Headstone, which will forever remain in Virginia City.
6. Upgraded revive stations with more of everything, including music, space, water, beer, etc.
7. The Zombie Procession. Before the first horde is released, this haunted town will be overrun by a procession of the living dead down the middle of Main Street as you are unleashed into Zombigeddon!
8. New this year: more detailed zombie and living insane rules and procedures. Not all zombies are the same. Some are more advanced than others. The newly transformed zombies are more agile and quick on their feet. Since this is a running event, they will chase you. Be warned and be quick on your feet. Bring the support of your pack and you just might survive as you'll have fewer chasing zombies to contend with in these select zones. However, the longer the dead have been walking, the slower and more decayed these hordes become. Some Dead Zones you'll sprint past just a few zombies, while others you'll have a mob of zombies to avoid. Good luck.
9. Redrun will host a pre-registration and packet pickup in Reno, NV (Date and details TBD). Same-day registration and packet pickup will be enhanced, giving you more time to enjoy the ambiance, history, and allure that is Virginia City.
10. A more advanced and easier team registration system that will allow you to track your team sign ups and post to social media.
11. Join the THE RESISTANCE! This is your chance! Get the perks of being a part of Redrun 2 without having to run. Positions include: The Militia (Course Spotters), Registration, Obstacle spotters and Revive Station personnel. Resistance will receive all of the benefits of the Zombie and Living Insane participants.
10.14.13 REDRUN MORGUE SHOP IS HERE!
The remaining apparel from the Redrun Morgue is now available online
10.14.13 PHOTOS HAVE BEEN ADDED
533 photos have been added to our facebook photo gallery. Check it out, tag your friends. More photos to come.
10.13.13 THANK YOU!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the very first Redrun! What an incredible turn out. First year it was much bigger than anticipated with registrations nearly doubling in the last week. It was crazy and it was a blast. We have already begun our planning. We can't wait for next year and we will be ready! Redrun 2.. you just wait. Pictures and the morgue store will be up tomorrow.
4.5.13 Welcome to Redrun
You will not experience anything like this run. You will run right through the most frightening and historic locations in one of the most haunted towns in the world. If you are a runner.. you only need to survive the 6 mile obstacle run. Sounds simple? Well it won't be. Redrun is armageddon. On October 12, the Dead will rise and an all out war will erupt. You must make it through Virginia City un-captured and unscathed. The dead will want to catch you, but the living insane will want to destroy you. It's a shame that the insane can't tell the difference between the living or the dead, so their goal is the eradicate everything.
You can register for this event three different ways 1) as a runner 2) as zombie / creature or 3) as the living insane.
Click on "The Race" link above for more information.